Serves: ⅔ cup (about 4 servings)
This rich yet versatile sauce can be seasoned and used in layered dishes, or stirred into another sauce, soup, pasta, or rice dish.
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Ripple Original Half & Half
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black or white pepper, to taste (optional)
- Pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Melt the buttery spread in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add the half & half, while whisking, until smooth.
- Whisk and cook until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency. If it thickens too much, whisk in a little water.
- Season the sauce with the salt. Optionally season the sauce with the pepper or nutmeg.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and whisk until smooth before using. Add more water, if needed.