- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 5-6 waffles
- 3 cups Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla Milk, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted vegan butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup wild blueberries, thawed if frozen
- For Topping :
- Maple syrup
- vegan butter
- fresh blueberries
- lemon curd
- and whipped coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- To a small mixing bowl add Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla Milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine and set aside for 5 minutes to activate.
- To a large mixing bowl add all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Add milk mixture, melted butter, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Use a spatula to fold blueberries into the batter.
- Cook the waffles in batches in a preheated waffle iron that has been coated with cooking spray. (Note, we used a Belgian waffle maker and used 1 cup batter per batch).
- Place waffle on a baking sheet and place into the oven to keep warm while you make the other waffles.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings!