Brimming with fresh green beans and tangy sour cream, this vegan spin on a classic dish is the perfect addition to your holiday table. And none of your guests will ever know the vegan difference. (We won’t tell if you don’t!)
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and halved
- 6 tbsp. vegan butter, divided
- 1 shallot, rough diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 16 oz container Ripple Sour Cream
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz crispy onions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare an ice bath: In a large pot of boiling water, add green beans and cook until bright green and soft yet still crispy, about 7-10 minutes. With a slotted spoon or tongs, quickly transfer green beans to ice bath to cool, then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and season with 2 tsp salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden, about 5-7 minutes more.
- Stir in sour cream and worcestershire sauce until combined then remove from heat and add in green beans and half of the crispy onions, mix to coat.
- Transfer to an 8×8 in dish and cook for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top evenly with remaining onions and bake for another 5 minutes.