You’ll want to impress your guests with this vegan version of an old diner favorite.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Skill level: Beginner
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 cup Ripple Half & Half Original
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated dairy-free/vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Pour in Ripple Half & Half Original; bring to boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add reserved pasta and cooking liquid, lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper to skillet, tossing until well coated. Stir in cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
– In the last few minutes of cooking, add peas, chopped asparagus or small broccoli florets to the pasta cooking water.
– If you like, serve pasta with more grated cheese at the table.
– For extra heat, sprinkle freshly cracked pepper or a pinch of hot pepper flakes over each serving.