- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Ripple Vanilla Milk (optional)
- 1/4 cup Ripple Vanilla Half & Half or (non-dairy creamer or coconut milk)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- Begin by cooking your rolled oats and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until oats are cooked and water is mostly absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in your Vanilla Ripple Milk, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and the optional maple syrup. You want the texture to be on the thicker side.
- Lastly, stir in the Ripple Vanilla Half & Half. This adds the richness and fat to our base, giving it that decadent dessert feel, and the vanilla half & half has a really beautiful vanilla flavour!
- Transfer your oatmeal mixture to a bowl, then top with 2-3 teaspoons of granulated sugar. Turbinado sugar works really well, and coconut sugar does as well!
- Using a torch, melt the sugar until it browns and begins to caramelize.
- Alternatively, you can place your bowl on a baking sheet and broil in the oven at 500F for about 1 minute, checking in after 30 seconds to make sure the sugar doesn’t burn completely.
- Allow to cool for a minute or two before enjoying.