Made without eggs, these crêpes are light and tender. Serve for Easter brunch, a weekend breakfast or a dinner party dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Makes: 12 crêpes
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- 2 cups Ripple Vanilla, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, divided
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Dairy-free yogurt (optional)
- Crêpes: In blender, combine Ripple Vanilla, flour, 3 tbsp coconut oil, sugar and salt; pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Heat 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining coconut oil. For each crêpe, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into center of pan, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until crêpe begins to curl around edges and bottom is golden brown; flip over and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to plate.
- Berry Compote: Combine berries, maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice in heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir cornstarch with 3 tbsp water. Whisk into berry mixture; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Let cool completely.
- Fold crêpes in quarters. Arrange 2 crêpes on each plate. Top with compote, and dollop of dairy-free yogurt (if using).
– Make crêpes ahead of time by layering cooked, cooled crêpes between waxed paper; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
– Alternatively, substitute non-dairy whipped topping for the yogurt if desired.