Please a crowd with this fun spin on nachos. Waffle fries instead of chips, vegan queso instead of the dairy-filled kind and topped with all of your favorites. Need we say more?
- For the nachos:
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 scallions
- 1/4 red onion, small diced
- vegan queso
- For the vegan queso:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup Ripple Unsweetened Original Milk
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeños, from a jar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- few dashes hot sauce
- Cook the fries following package directions.
- While the fries cook, make the queso (recipe below).
- When the fries are finished, place them on a large platter or plate. Layer them with cherry tomatoes, avocado, scallions, red onion and queso.
- Have fun! Add your favorite toppings to make it your own.
- Enjoy immediately and with lots of friends.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20 minutes then add them along with all remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- Delicious served hot or cold.