Bursting with flavor, these morsels are a delicious energy boost, perfect as a pre- or post-workout snack, or even a quick breakfast!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 12
- Skill level: Beginner
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In food processor fitted with metal blade, pulse dates and Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla until smooth.
- Add oats, 1/3 cup coconut, peanut butter, ground flaxseed, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- With wet hands, roll mixture into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining coconut until well coated. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
– Make these nut-free by substituting sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter.
– To toast coconut, spread out in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake in 350F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
– If mixture is too soft to roll, refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until firm enough to handle easily.