This tender, flavorful pumpkin bread is healthy enough to enjoy all year! It’s 100% whole grain and lower in sugar thanks to the use of natural sweeteners and Unsweetened Vanilla Ripple Milk. Slice and freeze extra loaves for easy-to-toast, sweet breakfast bread.
Serves: 12 servings (4 mini loaves)
What your need:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg or allspice
- ½ tsp baking powder (omit at high altitude)
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup baking oil (your choice of type)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla Milk
How you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease 4 (5×3-inch) mini loaf pans. Flour the inside bottoms of the loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice, baking powder (if using), salt, and cloves.
- Add the pumpkin, maple, sugar, flaxseed, oil, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture and milk to the pumpkin mixture. Stir to combine, but do not over-mix.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pans and level it out.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.