- For the cauliflower alfredo:
- 8 cups water or vegetable broth
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Ripple unsweetened original milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- For the butternut squash:
- 1 ½ lb butternut squash, diced
- neutral oil
- salt and pepper
- For the sage:
- 5-10 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- For the pasta:
- 16 oz dried pasta of choice
Cauliflower Alfredo Directions
- Bring 8 cups of water or vegetable broth to boil and cook the cauliflower until fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and set aside before draining then add the drained cauliflower to a high-speed blender.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, adding in small amounts of the cooking liquid to thin out the sauce to desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet in aluminum foil and place the squash on the pan.
- Toss in oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread out to an even layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the sage for 10-15 seconds turning often and being careful not to allow the leaves to brown.
- Remove from the oil and place onto paper towel to drain.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and return back to pan, pour in the alfredo and butternut squash.
- Stir gently until pasta is completely coated.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra parmesan and fried sage.
Butternut Squash Directions