This vegan twist on a classic is made with tofu and Ripple Half & Half Original for a silky smooth and creamy base without the dairy. Serve with baked pita chips or your favorite crackers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Skill level: Beginner
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Vegan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 jar (6 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup Ripple Half & Half Original
- 2 tbsp large flake nutritional yeast
- Pinch paprika
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in cast iron skillet set over medium heat; sauté garlic, onion, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add spinach; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Squeeze out any moisture.
- Transfer to food processor along with artichoke hearts; pulse until chopped. Add tofu, Ripple Half & Half Original and nutritional yeast; pulse until well combined.
- Scrape into cast iron skillet. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until heated through and bubbling around edges. Sprinkle with paprika and green onion.
– Add 1 tbsp lemon zest to spinach mixture for a lemony twist.