This dairy-free rich and creamy dip, a take on French onion soup, is baked until golden brown and bubbly. It’s perfect for sharing – on movie night, for the big game or to bring to a potluck party.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cooking onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup Ripple Half and Half Original
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp organic vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 pkg (8 oz) mixed crackers, for serving
- 4 cups vegetable crudités, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, thyme, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are slightly softened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in brown sugar; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are golden brown and caramelized. Set aside.
- In blender, combine Ripple Half and Half Original, tofu, lemon juice, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and remaining salt and pepper; blend until smooth. Stir in reserved onion mixture, vegan cheese and chives.
- Transfer to greased 2-cup baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbling. Let cool completely. Serve cold with crackers and veggie sticks.
– Substitute soy sauce for tamari sauce if desired.