- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup polenta (coarse ground cornmeal)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sauce & Vegan “Meatballs”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans low sodium tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Ripple Original Half & Half
- 12 frozen veggie meatballs, cooked according to package
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- To make the polenta: heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium pot. Add the garlic, and cook for one minute. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Slowly sprinkle in the polenta, whisking as you pour. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring frequently until the polenta is thickened. Turn off heat and stir in pepper
- For the tomato sauce: heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté two minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in Ripple Half & Half.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place ¾ cup polenta on a plate. Top with 3 veggie meatballs and 1/3 cup tomato sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil.