You’ll want to impress your guests with this vegan version of an old diner favorite.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes (+ 2 hours cooling time)
- Serves: 8
- Skill level: Beginner
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups Ripple Half & Half Vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 1 ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips, melted
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together graham wafer crumbs, sugar and salt; stir in coconut oil until moistened.
- Press mixture into greased 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- Filling: In saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together Ripple Half & Half Vanilla, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Bring to simmer; cook, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; cover with plastic wrap directly on surface and let stand for about 2 hours or until cooled completely. Whisk in mashed bananas; scrape into prepared pie crust.
- Garnish: To serve, garnish with sliced bananas and drizzle with melted chocolate.
– Garnish with toasted coconut flakes if desired.