This is a perfect choice for entertaining guests during the holidays. It’s a vegan option that’s full of seasonal festive flavors.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Vegan
- 4 cups vegetable broth (approx.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/3 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup Ripple Half & Half Original
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Crispy Sage Leaves:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- In small saucepan, bring broth to simmer over medium heat.
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; sauté garlic,
onion, sage, salt and pepper for about 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in rice; cook for about 1 minute or until well coated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in wine and cook for 1 to 2
minutes or until wine is absorbed.
- Ladle in hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time and adding more broth
when broth is almost completely absorbed, until rice is creamy
and tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin purée and Ripple Half & Half Original until heated through.
- Crispy Sage Leaves: Heat oil in small skillet set over medium-
high heat; cook sage leaves in two batches, turning until leaves are crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Garnish with toasted hazelnuts and Crispy Sage Leaves.
– To toast hazelnuts, spread on rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until fragrant. Rub with towel (terry works well) while still warm to remove skins.