This vegan penne a la vodka is made with caramelized roasted tomatoes and Ripple Half & Half Original for a rich and creamy dairy-free version.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 10 oz penne
- 2 cups Ripple Half & Half Original
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In 9-inch square baking dish, toss together tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, shallots, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes start to blister and turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- In blender, combine roasted tomatoes, Ripple Half & Half Original, vodka, cashew butter, tomato paste and remaining salt until smooth. Transfer to large skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add pasta, tossing to coat well. Stir in basil.
– Omit vodka for an alcohol-free tomato cream sauce.
– Serve with vegan Parmesan cheese.