These individual vegan “cheesecakes” are flavored with matcha and sweetened with maple syrup. Look for powdered matcha in specialty tea shops.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (+ 2 hours chilling time)
- Serves: 12
- Skill level: Beginner
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews, soaked (see Tip)
- 3/4 cup Ripple Half & Half Vanilla
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 12 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Crust: Mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, brown sugar and salt; stir in coconut oil until moistened.
- Divide among muffin cups, pressing mixture firmly into bottom of paper liners. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Filling: In blender or food processor, blend soaked cashews, Ripple Half & Half Vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and matcha until very smooth.
- Spoon filling into muffin cups. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish: Sprinkle with matcha powder and top with raspberries.
– To soak cashews, place in bowl and add enough cold water to cover;
let stand overnight to soften. Drain and use as directed.
– Garnish with chopped fresh mango or toasted coconut if desired.