Enjoy this vegetarian-friendly and nut-free meatless loaf warm or pack it up for nutritious and delicious leftovers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 8
- Skill level: Beginner
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Vegan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups large flake oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup Ripple Half & Half Original
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked lentils (or canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Miso Sauce:
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Ripple Half & Half Original
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; sauté garlic, onion, carrot and red pepper for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- In small bowl, mix together oats and flaxseed; pour Ripple Half & Half Original and broth over top. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse lentils in food processor until coarsely chopped. Add vegetable mixture and any oil in skillet, along with oats mixture, half of the parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Pulse until coarsely ground and well combined.
- Scrape into parchment paper–lined 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Topping: Mix together ketchup, balsamic vinegar and honey. Brush over loaf.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and top is browned.
- Miso Sauce: Meanwhile, whisk together miso paste, lime juice, soy sauce, Ripple Half & Half Original and 1/4 cup water.
- Serve with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
– Add 1 tsp hot sauce or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper if desired.