- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Ripple Original Half and Half
- Fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place carrots in a large bowl with one tablespoon of the coconut oil. Toss to coat and add salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook 8-10 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. Add the ginger and the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Add the roasted carrots to the broth. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup directly in the pot until smooth.
- Place soup over medium heat and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and stir in the Ripple Half and Half. Serve warm garnished with fresh cilantro.