Ripple Half & Half gives this comforting vegan bisque a rich silky texture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 4 red peppers, halved
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika, divided
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch each ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Ripple Half and Half Original
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp each finely chopped fresh basil and parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. In large bowl, toss together red peppers, cauliflower, shallots, garlic, oil, cumin, 1 tsp paprika, coriander, half of the salt and pepper, oregano, cinnamon and cayenne.
- Arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cauliflower and red peppers are tender, and red peppers start to blister.
- In blender, purée roasted vegetables, tomatoes and Ripple Half and Half Original until smooth; transfer to saucepan. Add remaining paprika, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in vinegar. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil and parsley.
– Top bisque with croutons or serve with toasted baguette slices.