Summer is the best time of the year to have sweet, flavorful corn and this recipe is quick, easy and perfect for cooler summer nights. Serves 2 or 1 hungry human.
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Ripple Half & Half Original
- 1 tsp paprika
- Chives for garnish
- Add your onions to a sauce pan with a splash of veggie stock and let cook until translucent and aromatic. Next add your garlic and cook until fragrant. Add veggie stock as you go, making sure the pan doesn't get too dry and burn.
- Next grill or fire roast your corn. You can do this over your stovetop flame just to give it a little bit of char and flavour on the exterior, about 10-15 seconds on the fire. This is just to add depth of flavor, but you can omit this step if you'd like.
- To the sauce pan, add your 1 cup of cauliflower and 1.5 ears of corn (reserve about a half cup), just cutting it off of the ear directly into the pan. Add paprika, a splash more of veggie stock if needed, cover the pan and let it steam and sweat for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the remainder of the veggie stock and let simmer for about 8-10 more minutes. By this point all the ingredients should be very fragrant.
- Next add the Ripple Half & Half to the sauce pan, and stir to combine, heating for about another minute or so.
- Transfer your mixture into a blender and pulse. If you like your soup chunkier, pulse a few times to leave a few bites of chunky corn. If you like it smoother, blend until mixture is completely blended.
- Finally, add the remainder of your corn into the soup mixture to add a little texture and garnish. Also garnish with chives for added flavor.