Leave that expensive coffee shop latte behind and give our Barista Style a try for a tastier, better-for-your-budget version you can make right at home.
- For the butterscotch sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Ripple Unsweetened Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt (smoked salt is great)
- For the latte:
- 12 oz hot strong brewed coffee
- 16 oz Ripple Barista Style
- 1/4 cup butterscotch sauce (there will be extra leftover in the recipe above)
Butterscotch Sauce Directions
- Melt the butter over medium heat then add in the brown sugar and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes while it dissolves.
- Add in the milk, vanilla and salt stirring continuously for 3-5 minutes.
- The sauce is done when all ingredients are combined and it has thickened. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Divide the hot coffee between 2 mugs.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the Barista Style and butterscotch sauce to a simmer, stirring well as it cooks.
- Optional: using a handheld frother, bring the mixture to a foam.
- Pour immediately over the coffee dividing the between the 2 mugs.
- Garnish with cinnamon and extra butterscotch sauce, if desired.